Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's been a while...

Weight:255.6
Exercise for today: Probably weights and dreadmill after the boys are in bed.
Disposition: Much better.....

Yesterday caught me by surprise.  Without going into too many details...

* I did a 40 minutes walk around the mall.   At 9 degrees outside, I didn't want to risk the same numb-butt feeling I had riding my bike pre-blizzard last weekend. It's less evil than the dreadmill, warmer than the bike trail, and only slightly better than trying to run on a snow-covered track. It wasn't pretty but I got it done.  I discovered that my mood was much better throughout the day as well.  I used Map my Route and think i marked it to be at least a little more than half a mile per lap. Someone I thought told me it was  2/3 of a mile per lap but I'll take my measurement so I have to do more to gethte distance I want.... Yay me!

* I took some steps in a direction.  I'm trying to balance mistakes we made in the past, the kids needs right now, the reality of our finances, my personal needs, abilities and future and still make the best decisions for the family. Breathe.......

*I talked to one of my favorite people...He's far away and I miss him terribly. We NEVER seem to have enough time and I'm a leftover part of a life he's moved beyond but I'm REALLY happy for the direction his life is moving in.   I'm praying for his new family as he, and they, live in New Zealand (you know- where they had that strong earthquake) and just as I am thinking about what I can do for the people in Haiti with a group called Starfysh, I'm praying for and thinking about how they will also be re-building, again, in his part of the world.

* I was reminded that my daughter is incredible! Sometimes aggravating and at the same time she seems so much more focused on the life ahead of her. She has come so far from this time last year when a mistake she made caved her world in.  Now she is working, a straight A student, and she has a significant person in her life.  She really has a plan in place and I'm feeling less and less like I'm holding her hand.  There are times when I still need to guide her and a little cheerleading here and there, but she is so grown up.

*  I got an amazing message from someone I hardly know, but she knows me.  She is watching and learning and even called ME inspiring.  It's an awesome responsibility but it feels like it's a simbiotic relationship. Now that I know I'm being held accountable even more than those little squares on my 100 Day Challenge, it makes me proud and even more motivated.

*  I also got in touch with someone that I thought I had left behind in that murky place I was working.  She responded!  Sometimes, that's all I need. That invisible feeling I've had for the past 3 weeks melted a little more when I have days like that.

The cold sunny day we had yesterday ended with some really great positives after all.


Today I went to a meeting for American Red Cross Instructors. It was interesting and a little grey.  Like I know I went but why?  I haven't taught in a while and all of the changes coming down the pipeline are mostly administrative.  Another decision to ponder.

The rest of this sunny, 21 degree day is going to be spent  pondering and creating, looking, and hanging out.  Then exercising and getting ready for another day to ponder, walk, create, look,....you get the picture.

Enjoy the sunlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment