Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Playlist Evolution

Weight: 257.0

Realized I need more ponytail holders. Guess my hair is getting longer....Told you this would be weird at times...
Got a 31 minute/2 mile run/walk in tonight before my favorite show.
Music is my safe place. It is important to me and has always been there to help me through thick and thin.  So it was no surprise that I have always, unless the technology (read as battery power) failed in some way. That's why I have a mantra to pull me through. That is for another blog....
So over the past three weeks I decided to treat myself to some new tunes.  I've been downloading songs that are new and some that, according to Sara, are new to me but not to her.
So tonight was the first test of the new playlist.  I love to sweat the bad stuff out of my system. I like to lose myself in the music or my own thoughts.  Sometimes I listen to the lyrics. Sometimes I just let my mind go. The first mile is never my friend and from mile 1 to mile 2 it usually where I cna poop out. Once I get past that mile 2 it's just one foot in front of the other until I can't go anymore.  Tonight on the dreadmill, and yes I call it the DREADmill, I focused on my playlist.  New songs, new messeges to hear. I like not hearing the footfalls and the breaths or gasps depending on pace and duration.

So here is my Playlist for my Babysteps and what I was focused on or thinking or what I was doing:

Can't Be Tamed: "This would be a good step aerobic song"

Waka Waka: Love this song! Running tune for sure!

The Time (Dirty Bit):Arm workout!

London Bridge: Naughty!

Big Girls: This one hit me emotionally.  I found myself screaming out the chorus and crying.

Waiting for the End: Running...love the instrumentals as well as the lyrics.

Just the Way You Are: Someone special said this very thing to me. Wis hthe rest of the world would figure it out.

We R Who We R: Love this one!  Run on!

So that's today's playlist.  Not an exciting blog but i got it done.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

See you at the mall. I'll be the one humming as I circle the lil grey haired people.

1 comment:

  1. Blogging doesn't have to be exciting. I think of it as my digital diary. Steve and I have both gone back through posts before to find out details about events that we forgot. I have made lots of mistake though. After screwing things up I have learned not to use people's names without permission or post pictures of them without permission. Have fun with it but be careful if you post anything controversial. It WILL bite you in the butt :)

    ReplyDelete